The Genomics Facility houses a group of shared instruments used to analyze DNA, RNA, protein, and radiolabeled substances. Click here to search for this Core Facility and others
- Genomic Lab Instrument Training (Training service)
Provide training for operation of instruments and maintenance.
- Applied BioSystems 2720 Thermo Cycler (PCR instrument) 2720 Thermo Cycler is a small, 96 well platform model. It is a basic PCR instrument and new users need only minimal instruction to operate the instrument.
- Applied BioSystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System (Real-time PCR machine) Konica Minolta SRX-101A X-ray film Developer (X-ray film processor) Perkin-Elmer 650-10S Fluorescence Spectrophotometer (Fluorescence spectrometer) For measuring fluorescence in liquid samples.
- Perkin-Elmer UV/Visible Spectrophotometer Lambda 40 (Spectrophotometer) For measuring protein and DNA concentrations in liquid samples (measured in quartz cuvettes). Single sample measurements.
- Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 1000 Spectrophotometer (Spectrophotometer) NanoDrop 1000 Spectrophotometer is a full spectrum (220nm-750nm) spectrophotometer.
- Wallac 1409 Liquid Scintillation Counter (Scintillation counter) Liquid scintillation counter with moving rack, designed to measure low-energy beta-emissions (e.g. 32P).