College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Open until filled
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University College of Pharmacy is seeking qualified candidates for a twelve (12) month faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. Candidate will be expected to have a strong commitment to innovative teaching, research and service.
Minimum Qualifications: Pharm.D, PGY1 residency training or comparable experience of five (5) or more years. Candidate must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Florida. Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience or credentials: Teaching, board certification, research and grant writing, hospital practice with an emphasis in intravenous compounding, and/or infectious disease/cardiology practice settings, and teaching pharmacokinetics and pharmacogenomics.
Responsibilities: Develops and maintains a clinical practice with an established partner of the College; Provides education opportunities for fourth (4th) year professional year Pharm.D students; Develops and delivers high level, engaging didactic lessons
within assigned courses; Coordinates and manages the deployment of required and elective courses as assigned; Attends/participates in the Division of Pharmacy Practice meetings as per assigned service; Advises pharmacy students as assigned; Performs teaching responsibilities as assigned by Pharmacy Practice Division Director; and engages in scholarly activity relevant to their practice and teaching assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Knowledge of teaching and learning pedagogy and student success initiatives;
- Knowledge of academic programming related to pharmacy education;
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, and exercise independent judgement;
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively to internal and External audiences;
- Ability to multi-task, develop and present workshops or training, and to advise and guide students specific to pharmacy learning opportunities;
- Ability to work with a diverse student population;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
Excellent computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Note: Applicant should submit the following: (1) Cover letter that explains suitability for position; (2) University electronic employment application (http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?hr&Employment); (3) Current curriculum vitae; (4) Names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) professional references; and (5) Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.