Dr. Joy Bailey
Dr. Robin Barr
Dr. Brenda Klement
Dr. Stephen Sodeke
Dr. Priscilla Johnson
RTRN's RCC Research Implementation invites you to a webinar series:
- by Emory Healthcare Director of Clinical Research Nursing Joy Bailey, RN, PhD,
- Other Affiliation: Atlanta Clinical & Translational Science Institute
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 @ 3 pm EST(9:00am HT; 12:00pm PT; 2:00pm CT; 3:00pm ET; 3:00pm AT)
How to get a grant from NIA:
- by National Institute on Aging – Division of Extramural Activities (DEA) Director Robin Barr, Ph. D
- Barr was appointed Director of the DEA in June 2007. Since then he has help shape policies toward new & early stage investigators while managing the Nat’l. Advisory Council on Aging.
- Thursday, April 27, 2017 3pm EST(9:00am HT; 12:00pm PT; 2:00pm CT; 3:00pm ET; 3:00pm AT)
- by Morehouse School of Medicine Associate Professor and IRB Chair Brenda Klement, Ph. D
- Klement’s honors include 2014: Dean’s Outstanding Teaching Award, Morehouse School of Medicine2001: American Society for Gravitational and Space Biology Thora W. Halstead Young Investigator's Award
- Thursday, May 25, 2017 3pm EST(9:00am HT; 12:00pm PT; 2:00pm CT; 3:00pm ET; 3:00pm AT)
- by Tuskegee University Institutional Review Board Chair– Stephen Sodeke, Ph. D, MA
- Sodeke is also a Bioethicist & Professor of Allied Health Sciences at Tuskegee and a Resource Expert for NGO Bioethics Beyond Borders.
- Thursday, June 22, 2017 3pm EST(9:00am HT; 12:00pm PT; 2:00pm CT; 3:00pm ET; 3:00pm AT)
- by Morehouse School of Medicine Associate Director of Clinical Research Operations Priscilla Johnson, MSN, Ph. D
- Johnson is 2014 recipient of the Healthcare Advocate award from Fulton County Commissioner Joan Garner presented by the Fulton-DeKalb Hospital Authority Healthcare Champion awards ceremony.
- Thursday, July 27, 2017 3pm EST(9:00am HT; 12:00pm PT; 2:00pm CT; 3:00pm ET; 3:00pm AT)
Why should you be interested in this series?
Research touches EVERYONE.
Ensure that you and those around you are doing their part effectively and efficiently!
Upon Completion of the Webinar Series you know:
How is a Research Nurse different from a Hospital or Clinic Nurse?
How to get NIA funds?
How SMART IRB affects your institution/organization?
What are Rigor and Reproducibility?
What’s the difference between AE & SAE? Will they prompt an audit?
- Copy and Paste the URL into your web browser: https://rtrn.adobeconnect.com/Communications-RTRN
- Select: Guest; then type: Your Name and Institutions (e.g. John Smith- TSU)
- Click Enter Room
- Connect to Audio, by dialing: Toll free: 888.263.2724; enter the participant code: 559 6469#
- Identify Yourself:
- Choose “Dial in” option. (NOTE: Choosing Dial Out will only allow you to listen.)
- Call from your office and mobile
- Enter *29 plus the four digit code (Appears once you select “dial in: option.)
- Press #
We look forward to speaking with you soon!