An External Advisory Committee (EAC) has been established to guide the RTRN Senior Management Team in overseeing operations of the network. Members meet two times per year (one meeting is face-to-face), and are committed to three-year terms based on a broad range of expertise including community engagement, translational research, health disparities, and other areas of importance to the network.
The RTRN EAC shall perform the following tasks:
- • Evaluate progress toward stated goals
- • Recommend changes, refinements, and improvements
- • Identify alternative resources
- • Assure that programmatic issues or concerns raised during NIMHD staff reviews are addressed appropriately
- • Provide scientific and technical assistance and guidelines with respect to quality control, uniformity of data collection, management of the collective health disparity database, and data analysis
- • Review of allocation of network resources (e.g., the Small Grants Program)
- • Assess and recommend changes as needed to ensure optimal relevance of RTRN within the national health science agenda.
RTRN EAC Members