Position Summary: Applications are now being accepted for an Assistant or Associate Professor Position, tenure track or tenured faculty. The Department of Health Policy and Management seeks a social scientist with health policy analysis research and health systems performance evaluation expertise. We desire candidates with teaching interest in poverty, inequality, social stratification and/or racial/ethnic health disparities.
- Applicants must have an earned Doctorate degree in Healthcare, Health Services Administration, Public Health or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning at the time of appointment.
- Applicants with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree will be given special consideration.
- Applicants should have an established record of scholarly achievements, publications, and external grant funding in health services and public health research.
- Teach undergraduate courses In the Healthcare Administration Program and graduate courses in Health Policy and Management.
- Participate and contribute to various committees at the Department, School, and University levels.
- Demonstrate a track record of ongoing research engagement and scholarly peer-reviewed publications.
- Serve as student advisor.
- Participate in community outreach engagements.
- Contribute to the acquisition of extramural funding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should provide:
- A cover letter which describes the candidate’s research and teaching interests, and articulates the candidate’s rationale for seeking a position in the Department of Health Policy and Management, in the School of Public Health.
- Two (2) samples of written manuscripts submitted for publication or published work.
- Three (3) letters of reference from tenured professors at the Associate level or higher.
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
- An official academic transcript.
Please send official transcripts to:
Jackson State University
Department of Human Resources
1400 J.R. Lynch Street
P.O. Box 17028
Jackson, MS 39217