Position Summary: The Department of Communicative Disorders seeks two doctoral-level, tenure-track Assistant Professor of speech-language pathology or audiology. Candidates with teaching interests in audiology, aural rehabilitation, augmentative and alternative communication, fluency, and anatomy and physiology are preferred, but all areas will be considered. The position involves clinical supervision and mentoring so clinical certification in speech-language pathology or audiology is required.
- D. in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.), or Ph.D. in closely related area.
- Clinical Certification awarded by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association. Certificate of Clinical Competency in speech-language pathology or audiology.
- Eligibility for Mississippi Department of Health license.
- Clinical supervision experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Research and grant writing abilities.
- Willingness to teach traditional, hybrid, or online courses.
- Clinical supervision abilities.
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in speech-language pathology and/or audiology.
- Performing clinical supervision and mentoring within the department’s clinic.
- Providing academic advising for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Conducting research and scholarly activities in the area of expertise.
- Providing university and professional service.
- Performing other duties as assigned.